Thursday, September 8, 2011

I'm Autistic - Poem by me.

I'm Autistic - Poem by me.



I am Autistic,

I have Aspergers Syndrome,

It now explains a lot,

But I wish when I was younger I had of known.

I lived my life,

trying to hide,

Just how different,

I felt inside.

Watching people,

to see what they would do,

so I could learn,

to be normal to.

Eye contact,

I can do it,

because I learnt,

people expect it.

Small talk I find so hard,

and being in crowds upsets me,

I dont always understand what you mean,

but this is how I will always be.

I look at most things in a logical way,

yet when I say things,

It doesnt seem to come out right,

and I feel like I'm walking on needles and pins.

Its easy for someone to judge me as normal,

because they cant see the world through my eyes,

watching people and learning what to do,

so I wont meltdown and scream and cry.

When I cant understand the world,

Cant understand what people want from me,

Dont want people to think I'm crazy,

Just want to be free..


© 2011 - K B

1 comment: