Friday, April 13, 2012

It is said people with Asperger Syndrome can not lie. This is true for some of us but not all... we are all different, many of us do not lie, mostly because we are just not good at it and so there is no point, for others its because we do not see a need to lie as we find nothing wrong with being honest.

Those who can lie may only tell white lies, as they dont want to upset someone as we have learnt that little lies are expected to seem "normal" .. as in ... "That colour looks really good on you."

Some people with Aspergers do lie all the time. I do not know how many people with Aspergers are able to do this but as with all humans we do all fit the stereo type.

It is nowhere more clear than in the person with Asperger who can not lie, that ethical values come from within and are not learnt from educators or influenced by social environment.

I personally do not see the need to lie, I can tell white lies if I realise that its the best thing so as not to hurt or upset someone, but if you ask me something or I say something you can be sure that 99% of the time I am being completely honest with you.

I have had people tell me that I am too honest and open and I try not to be but its just an automatic thing for me to be honest.

I have found that people do not expect someone to be honest, so even when you tell the truth, people sometimes think you are lying. That I find frustrating. But I guess NT people are used to being lied to so they can not understand it when someone is completely honest with them.

I find that a very interesting phenomenon.





No comments:

Post a Comment