Saturday, October 6, 2012

Are Humans Afraid Of The Dark ?

Sometimes what I post may not seem related to aspergers autism ... but since what I am saying is coming from my head then in away everything I say is related to aspergers autism.

Now for many years I have wondered why offices and buildings keep lights on at night when there is no one around... It seems very wasteful of electricity to me.

It makes me feel that the majority of the human population is afraid of the dark.

It can not be healthy living in a world where night time is not actually dark ... it looks dark, sure but have you looked at the sky above a city or large town ... its not the black / dark blue that it is when you are in an isolated place where there are no lights around at all.

Of course I realise that lights left on in shops and offices are probably there to deter burglars, but isnt that what security systems and night vision cctv cameras are for ?

I really dont understand why humans seem to need so much light at night...

I mean I've seen cars driving without headlights on because street lights are so bright that the people driving didnt even realise they had no head lights on.

Do you know what its like when you cant sleep unless its really dark, but you cant sleep in a completely sealed up room ....

I like sleeping in a very dark room, yet I need to have a window open so I can get air flow, or I feel trapped... but its hard to have a dark enough room sometimes just because outside of that room its way to light.


No comments:

Post a Comment